Wednesday, August 05, 2015

We All Need Some Compassion

For the past five or six years, I have been sponsoring a little girl through Compassion International. Her name is Noemi, and she lives in Ecuador. I just got a letter from her two weeks ago, in which she reminded me she is about to enter the sixth grade. But when I first "met" her, she couldn't even write! I cannot believe how much she has grown and learned in our short time together.
It is my absolute joy to be a part of this sweet child's life. I am particularly thankful because shortly after my sponsorship began, her father died - leaving her mom to care for Noemi and Noemi's little brother on her own. So I know my support makes a difference not only for Noemi, but for her mother, too.

I have recently been given another delightful opportunity with Compassion. I am going to receive packets for three children who have been waiting for sponsors, and I am going to pray for them - asking God to bring the person to me who will sponsor each child.
That's where you come in.
Will you prayerfully consider sponsoring one of the children for whom I will be praying? All the details of sponsorship may be found here on the Compassion website. Basically, it's a $38/month commitment. Plus, you get to write letters and send pictures to your child, pray for them, and contribute gifts for birthdays or Christmas or other special occasions at your discretion. It is such a joy!

Please watch the video below to get a better feel for the importance and value of a Compassion sponsorship. And then, if God is tugging at your heart to invest in the lives of one of these precious children - please let me know.

Karen

No comments: