Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Same Plan, Different Psalm

God is our refuge and strength;
an ever-present help in trouble.

~Psalm 46:1
Several years ago (I think it was 2010?) a friend and I memorized Psalm 139. We did it by learning one verse on the 1st and 15th of every month, and meditating on that verse during the days in between.
And, wow! Was that ever a blessed experience for me.
God continues to speak to my heart the encouragement He brought to me seven years ago.
It is a beautiful thing.

Annnnd, with the beginning of a new year and the desire to be molded and transformed more into image of Jesus - I have decided to do it again. Except, this time I am going to go through Psalm 46.
If my math is correct, this adventure will take me through the middle of June.
But I trust the blessing will take me through the end of my days.
I share this information with you to let you know - I will likely be doing a lot of posting about Psalm 46 over the next five and a half months. And I share this information with you also - to invite you to join me on this journey. God has given us His Word for our benefit and so that we might know Him and love Him more. While I am eager to share with you the ways He speaks to me through Psalm 46, I would love it even more if you were able to experience it for yourself. So we could share in it together.
So, what do you say?
Are you in???

Karen

No comments: