Tuesday, June 05, 2018

I'm Listening

So, you know those times when it seems like God is repeating Himself, and you find yourself thinking, Gee, I guess I better pay attention?
Yeah. That's been happening to me.
The other day I noticed I was exceptionally touchy. Getting easily irritated by things which really weren't a big deal. Little things someone said or did would set me off on an internal huff (Thank You, Jesus, for helping me contain it all inside!) and my mood and spirit were getting sour.
In spite of my bad attitude God's Spirit was able to nudge me enough to realize what was going on, and I asked Him to change my heart.
The next day my devotional reading was titled, "His Spirit Will Change the Heart". (I love it when God wastes no time getting my attention!) It talked about how God - through Jesus and the Holy Spirit - fulfilled the promise He made to Moses (Deut. 30:6) and which He repeated in Jeremiah 31:33 and Ezekiel 36:27. I read with eagerness, and echoed the prayer at the end which begged of the Spirit to change my heart to be pleasing to my Father.
And that afternoon I saw a post on Facebook which called followers of Jesus to seek to be conformed to His likeness. I read and I prayed, Yes, Lord, please make me more like YOU!

At the beginning of this year God impressed the phrase, More of YOU, on my heart.
Then He made a way for me to take part in a class all about becoming Christlike.
His Spirit keeps speaking, and I am determined to listen.
Yes, Lord! I want to see less of me and more, so much more, of You!!!

Karen

No comments: