Friday, June 22, 2018

I Wrote to my Reps

So, this splitting-up-immigrant-families issue has been heavy on my mind and heart this week.
I've been seeing lots of opinions and reading articles and viewing news clips and trying to sort out what the truth is, and praying. Lots of praying!
Then somebody said, "Praying isn't enough," and I'm all "Wha???" Because I am convinced praying is the most important and powerful thing I can ever do.
Because prayer is my connection to God, and there is no power like the power of GOD.
But then I began thinking more about what she said. Better yet, what she (hopefully) meant by what she said. (Not that God is unable to be powerful enough, but that He would choose to use us.) And Matthew West's song began going through my head. And I began wondering, Really, what CAN I do???
I mean, seriously? Who am I? What connections do I have? How can I make a difference???
So I did the only thing I could think of to do.
I wrote to my congressman and both of my senators, asking them to work in unity for immigration reform - that the problems causing this crisis for families might be solved. But I know I cannot leave my "action" there. I am committed to praying for these leaders (and their colleagues) as they seek resolution. I will pray for God to lead them and make the way for unity and peace.
As I pray for them, I am also listening for whatever way HE might lead me to Do Something.
And as HE leads, I will follow.

Are you feeling a tug on your spirit to do something?
**************************************************************************************************
For the record, I am going to be taking a break from blogging in order to spend some wonderful time with my family. If God says the same, I'll be back here on July 2.

Karen

No comments: