Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Where I Was & With Whom

Ahhhhhh, what a glorious, glorious week I just had!

I traveled with my family to the Outer Banks of North Carolina - to meet up with the rest of my family for a week of sun and fun and rest and sun and laughter and relaxation and sun and memories and did I mention my whole.entire.family was together???
It's been six years since we've all been together like that, and it was wonderful!
Annnnd, since I am still adjusting to the reality of alarm clocks, grocery shopping, doing laundry, and all the other harsh facts of life in the non-vacation-world, I am going to let pictures do most of the talking for this blog post.
Assuming I get a handle on life within the next 24 hours, I'll use more words tomorrow.
Thanks for giving me grace. *smile*

When we were together six years ago, we had a great time playing miniature golf.
So we decided to do it again.
And the teams were:
Elizabeth, Brian, my brother - David, my niece - Skyler, and my brother-in-law - Glenn


Josh, my sister - Kim, my brother - Chuck, my niece - Jacki, and Phil

My dad, my mom, my sister-in-law - Kristin, me, and Matthew
I should probably mention (for the sake of honoring my elders *ahem*) that my parents' team won the mini-golf tournament.

We spent most of the week here, at the beach:

And if we were too tired (or it was too hot) to walk to the beach, we could be found lounging by the pool in back of the house we rented.

When lounging by the pool or at the beach didn't exhaust us, we were able to make it to the small town to the north of where we stayed (The town's name is Duck. No kidding!) and enjoy a beautiful sunset.

And then this happened.
Apparently not everyone got the memo that I asked for them to turn around and act silly.

So, that's the snapshot version of why I haven't been blogging for a while.
It was time well-spent. So well-spent! And I'll probably reflect on that in a future post.
For now, I am thanking God for my family - and treasuring the time with them.
I enocourage you to do the same!

Karen

No comments: