Thursday, July 05, 2018

Garden Update

Look! Look! Look!!!
It's my very first Zinnia of the season in my new garden. *smile*
I mean, it will get bigger. There will be more. And - together - they'll be so much more beautiful.
But I was so excited yesterday when I looked out my window and saw this little splash of yellow.
If you look very closely at the bottom of the picture you might see a couple little Alyssum flowers, too. They're there. Just not very plentiful.
At all.
Actually, the Alyssum seeds I sowed on the side of the house are doing much better.
See???
Anyway, back to the Zinnias.
As I considered how happy I am with my one little Zinnia - in spite of the fact that the current situation is nothing compared to the beauty of what is to come, I felt a bit of inspiration. Because I thought of Ephesians 4:11-13 which paints a picture of a unified, mature body of Christ demonstrating His beauty for all the world to see.
11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
See? God intends for us to be a beautiful, mature garden - displaying His glory to the world.
That is what HE wants.
That is HIS goal for us.
It's HIS objective!
Yet, even though God's desire for us is something far greater than what we presently are, as I stood beaming over my one little yellow flower - delighted by what it is and what it will become - God's heart spoke to mine.
Yes, dear one, in the same way I am delighted in each person who choses to follow Me. I am not disappointed that you are not yet who I know you will one Day be. Hold on. I am growing you. I am maturing and uniting My children. I am preparing the body of Christ for glory. And I love each one of you today just as much as I will on that Day, too.

I pray this thought encourages your heart as much as it did mine!

Karen

No comments: