Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Was That Divine Intervention?

Tuesdays I participate in a mileage club with a local children's home. The other "coaches" and I meet up at the home and walk a mile-long trail with the kids, and the kids earn points and get prizes. Anyway, I've been doing it since June and am on a pretty good schedule now for when to leave my home in order to arrive at their home on time.
So, yesterday I was thinking of running a quick errand on my way to mileage club. But as I got closer to my stop I noticed I didn't have as much time as I'd anticipated and began second-guessing my original plan. Buuuuut, I decided to go ahead and do it anyway - cause it needed to get done, and there's no time like the present. Right?
Fortunately, my little errand only took a couple of minutes - and I was back on the road, thinking I would still make it to mileage club on time.
Until, that is, I got a mile or two farther down the highway and began to see a bunch of breaklights. And very shortly after I was in the middle of the slow-down, I caught a glimpse of the cause: one truck on the side of the road and another one overturned in the median. The police were just arriving on the scene, diverting traffic around the accident. And just after it occurred to me that I was definitely going to be late to mileage club, it dawned on me that if I hadn't stopped at the post office for a couple minutes, a few minutes ago - I might have been a participant in that accident. I couldn't keep myself from wondering, God, did You just prevent me from missing mileage club altogether today? Were YOU the One who prompted me to stop for those postcards??? Ummmm. Thanks!!!
I mean, I will never be certain if my stop at the post office was Divine intervention which kept me from being in an accident. But I do know that God protects me regularly - in ways I don't perceive - and I am giving thanks for all safekeeping. Seen and unseen.

Have you ever had the impression of God's hand shielding you from harm's way?
(By the way, although I was late getting to mileage club the kids were late getting outside, too.
So it was all good!)

Karen

No comments: