Tuesday, August 14, 2018

When Someone Changes Your Plans

So, yesterday I spent the majority of the day at one of our rental houses.
Not what I was intending to do, but there was work to be done.
Seems someone thought it would be funny to break in and vandalize a few bedrooms.
I mean, I didn't think it was funny when I was cleaning up after them - but it looked like they had a good time flinging paint all over the walls and floors.

The encouraging side of the story is: even when bad things are happening in our world God is still good. And I was reminded of that truth when I gazed out the window last night as I washed the dishes. I was tired from my day of scraping and mudding and sanding and painting, but my spirit was refreshed when I looked at this:

My garden full of zinnias. Aren't they beautiful???
And no matter who or what tries to ruin my day, these flowers delight my heart. Because they remind me of God's faithfulness and majesty. What started as a patch of dirt, a handfull of seeds, and a lot of hope has become a tangible sample of the goodness of God.

Ahhhh, but there's more!
If you saw my "video tour" of the garden a few weeks ago, you may remember the sunflowers Josh planted. Well, check this out! One of them has bloomed.

And it's beautiful!
May your day be marked with bright colors, delightful fragrances, and the joy of Jesus!
Even if someone busts in and changes your plans.

Karen

2 comments:

Laurie Felton said...

I'm sorry you have experienced rental vandalism. so senseless. But I'm glad His creation was able to turn your thoughts back to Him. What amazed me recently is all of creation unseen by human eyes--beautiful flowers blooming in an untrodden valley, brilliant stars blazing in the furthest galaxy, and translucent creatures streaming in the deepest ocean trenches. All created by Him, for Him to see and enjoy. Thank you for the glimpse at your beautiful garden.

Karen Hossink said...

Laurie - It's been a busy week of cleaning up after the vandal(s). But I am thankful, too, that in the midst of it God brings my thoughts back to where they should be.
Yes - amazing to think about all that is unseen to us, and enjoyed by HIM. Our beautifully creative Creator!