Friday, September 13, 2019

It's My Pleasure

One of the things I love about working at Chick-fil-A is the team environment and support-one-another mentality which is so prevalent.
For example, when I'm taking an order and my guest wants lemonade or tea, oftentimes one of my co-workers will get the drink for me. (The lemonade and tea are behind us, so it takes an extra little minute to prepare.) That way, I don't need to leave the counter - and the guest's experience is more streamlined. And if I am not busy, I do the same favor for my co-workers.
Other times - especially when we're in a rush - I may notice that my lids or sauces are getting low. Or, surprise! My cups are all gone. And it's hard to find the time to re-stock because the line is so long and I don't feel like I can step away. But then - surprise, again! - I look down and see that some angel has seen my need and re-filled whatever was low or missing. (Sometimes an employee is specificially assigned to that job - just to keep things stocked during the busy times.)
So, yesterday when I was the beneficiary of both of these kindnesses I started to wonder something.
What would it be like if all of us operated in this manner everywhere we went?
What if we were always on alert for ways we could help one another?
What if, when we saw a need with which we could assist, we went ahead and offered help?
Without being asked for it???
And then, when we gave the unanticipated help - and the surprised and delighted recipent smiled happily and gushed, "Wow. Thanks so much!" - what if we responded with all sincerety, "It's my pleasure!"?

Y'all, I'm thinking we could create a small piece (PEACE!) of heaven on earth if we operated in this way.
Who wants to join me in giving it a try???

Karen

No comments: