Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Celebrating My Dependence

It's the Fourth of July! And while we spend the day celebrating our country's independence by enjoying cookouts and fireworks, I am taking time to celebrate my personal dependence.

That is, today I am going to spend time thanking God for rescuing me from my independent, self-centered life and bringing me to a place of utter dependence on HIM. Through a variety of circumstances and situations, God pursued me and brought me into a relationship with Himself. And over the years He has shown me I cannot do this life without Him.
I am completely and desperately dependent on Him.
God is my eternal hope, my everlasting joy, my perfect peace. And today I am celebrating my dependence on the One who is my everything.

Are you with me???

Karen

No comments: