Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now

...the blur is gone!

Several weeks ago when Brian and Matthew were in the car, Brian noticed something interesting on a license plate. He pointed it out, but Matthew couldn't see it.
That's when we decided to have Matthew's vision tested and, sure enough, he needed glasses.

This past Saturday, I took Matthew to the store to pick up his glasses and was both shocked and delighted by his response. As we walked out of the building he exclaimed, "I can read that sign over there!" And proceeded to read the name and telephone number listed.
"And I can read that sign!"
"Holy cow! Dad was right! I had no idea how good glasses would make me feel."
I smiled a lot as we drove home, and particularly enjoyed this repeated statement: "This is awesome! I can see so much!" Even as we pulled into the driveway, Matthew marveled at the trees - admitting he had never seen the individual leaves before.
I had no idea his distance vision was so poor!

The cutest part of the whole thing, though, was not Matthew's comments. The part I like best is that he chose glasses just like his dad's. Now I have two guys with four eyes. Aren't they handsome???

BTW, I am convinced it is physically and mentally impossible for Matthew to be in front of the camera without making silly faces. It's just who he is. *wink*

Karen

4 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Aww, he is so cute!! Glad he got his good eyes!!

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - It's amazing to me what a difference they make for him. I feel sorry I didn't know he was struggling before. Yay for glasses!

Anonymous said...

That is so great that he can see so much better now! I bet it is like seeing a whole new world....and what an adorable picture. ***chera

Karen Hossink said...

Chera - Yes. A whole new world. He can even see the TV better when he's playing the XBox. *goody* haha!