Thursday, July 12, 2012

How Thoughtful

Picture this:

It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon. I had my 'chores' done and decided to go out and lay on the swing. As I rested with my eyes shut (Not sleeping, mind you. Because, how can I really sleep when every few minutes I need to push myself again to keep the swing rocking? I sooooo wish someone made automatic swings for grown-ups like they do for babies!) Joshua walked out onto the deck and called, "Matthew, where are you?"
"Over here," came the reply.
Joshua walked over to him and they began talking about something. The only thing I heard was Matthew saying, "I'm not going to do it on the deck because Mom is sleeping." Silly kid didn't know my dilemma with choosing between napping and swinging.
But that's when I figured out what they were doing.

The day before, Brian had purchased firecrackers and the boys were now planning to use up the rest of them. The first time they played with those extremely LOUD uh, things, they had been on the deck. About six feet away from where I was presently laying.
Matthew's words made sense to me now. Since he thought I was sleeping, he considered it a better idea to shoot the firecrackers in the driveway, so as not to disturb my slumber.

Yeah. Because firecrackers at a distance of 20 feet are so much more quiet than those at a distance of six. haha!

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww, how funny, it is the thought that counts huh! ***chera

Karen Hossink said...

Chera - Yeah. At least he was thinking of being courteous. *smile*