Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I Have a SAVIOR

It's true. I have an enemy.

And he wants to ruin me.

BUT there is a Truth which is even bigger. And it makes me a victor.
That is...

I have a SAVIOR.
My enemy does not have the last word, because my Savior has defeated him.
When my enemy tells me I'm a terrible mom, my Savior points to the cross - where He paid the price for every single one of my sins, faults, and failures.
When my enemy plants doubts in my heart about my marriage, my Savior reminds me of the Truth and gives me grace to keep on going.
When my enemy hisses in my ear about my insecurities, my Savior stretches out His arms and speaks to my heart, Remember, Karen, I love you so much I was willing to die for you.

Being honest: Sometimes I fall under the lies and pressure of my enemy. Sometimes I start to think he's telling the truth - and that I really have no hope.
But always, always my Savior reveals the Truth to me. In one way, or another, He helps me recognize my enemy's tactics. My Savior reminds me that I am a victor in Him, and I don't have to be a victim of my enemy. He stirs my heart to fight my battle by the power of His Spirit, and - with a little heavenly feisty-ness - I begin to arm myself. (See Ephesians 6:10-20.)
With Truth, His righteousness, faith, peace, salvation, and a whole lot of prayer I am able to stand in the face of my enemy. By the power of my Savior's Spirit.
And that?
That changes everything!

Karen

2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

AMEN!!! and Hallelujah!! I am so thankful that we do have a Savior, and that He cares so much about us that He is intimately involved in our daily lives. What a wonderful reminder.

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - I still don't understand why He would want to be intimately involved in the dailiness of my little life. But I am so, SO thankful that He is!