Thursday, April 17, 2014

And That Means...

So, I have an enemy.

AND, I have a Savior.

The battles in my life are between them - the spiritual forces (See Ephesians 6:12).
That understanding has been crucial for me.
Because, for a very long time, I believed my battle was with people.
*read that: my kids, my husband, and even myself*
In fact, I believed I was battling them.
And I was always coming out the loser. Because I was believing all those lies my real enemy was telling me. "You're a failure." "You're a terrible mom." "You aren't worthy of anyone's love."
Have you been believing likes like those, too?

That time in my life - when I saw people as my enemies - had me defeated and hopeless. I knew I couldn't defeat my enemies. I loved them. I would never want to harm them!
So I was stuck in my struggle, hating my circumstance but feeling like there was nothing I could do about it.
Oh, what relief I experienced when my Savior came through for me and helped me see the Truth:
I have one enemy: Satan.
I have one Savior: JESUS.
Jesus defeated my enemy when He died on the cross - conquering sin and death; and He continues to defeat my enemy every day when I let Him fight my battles.
And that means...my children, my husband, my self, and all other flesh-and-blood-beings on the planet are NOT my enemy.
Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, thank You, Jesus!

Have you been believing you are battling against flesh and blood? Have you been viewing people as your enemy? Read Ephesians 6:12 a few times, and ask God to help you understand what is True. Then, put on your battle gear and let your Savior fight for you!

Karen

No comments: