Friday, June 12, 2009

This Week's WORD

When Moses entered the Tent of Meeting to speak with the LORD, he heard the voice speaking to him from between the two cherubim above the atonement cover on the ark of the Testimony. And he spoke with him.
Numbers 7:89

Maybe this verse stood out to me because I had just finished reading twelve identical lists of offerings which were brought to the LORD for the dedication of the tabernacle, as well as a list summarizing the twelve lists. Maybe my eyes were just happy for a change of pace.

Maybe.

No. Truly, I know this verse stood out to me this week because I was drawn to the idea of going into a room and hearing the voice of the LORD. I thought about what an amazing experience that must have been for Moses. I wished I could have that experience, too.
And then I told God I was sorry for wishing for something He has not given me. God reminded me of the wonderful ways He has spoken to me, though I have never heard His voice. Oh, that the Lord of the Universe cares enough about me that He speaks to me - through His Word, through my circumstances, even in the blowing of the wind. (That's a post for another day!)
I stand amazed. Thankful and in awe.

May your spirit be sensitive to His voice today. See you back here Monday!

post signature

7 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Too often, I too, take His voice for granted. I think He so desires to speak to us and may even be frustrated with us when we don't LISTEN!!

Have a great weekend!!

Leah

Amanda said...

Wonderful thoughts... how glorious that would be...and how glorious He IS.

BLESSINGS!
Amanda

Beth Herring said...

I totally understand what you mean. I posted about this a while back. I have read 2 books by Priscilla Shirer on this and they are super. He speaks to me and Discerning the voice of GOd. I think you would really enjoy.

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Ya' know, just an audible voice is hard to hear sometimes, so is God's voice thru the pages of the Bible.

However, I do know that that's a problem on my end.

smooches,
Larie

LisaShaw said...

I appreciate your heart to share Karen and the insights and transparency you bring to us. You are such a blessing. I love ya.

Jessica Nelson said...

Interesting. When we were building our house I wanted to have a prayer closet. I thought that if I could just have a special place to meet God, then I'd be closer to Him. Not always true, but I can understand the longing.

Jenileigh said...

I've often felt the same thing, thanks for this.