Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Gift for Jenni - with Your Help

It was just about six years ago that I started meeting with Jenni. God had given me the desire to find a mentor and in His perfect time, He connected me with Jenni. What a blessing she has been to my life!
He used her to help me understand the idea of becoming holy, like He is holy. He used Jenni to help me better understand how He sees me, that He truly delights in me! God worked through Jenni to draw me closer to Himself.
And He spoke through her to lead me into my speaking ministry.
Which led to writing my first book.
Which led to writing this blog.
Which led to meeting so many wonderful friends in the blogosphere.

And it can all be traced back to that day when I was in a funk and Jenni asked me, "Karen, what really drives you? Where is your passion?" That day when I realized this "stuff" God was doing in me as a mother was something He was preparing me to share with other mothers.
Ah, I am so thankful for how He has worked in me through Jenni!

I have continued to be blessed by meeting with Jenni, but that time is coming to an end. Jenni and her family are soon moving to Texas, and on March 18 we will be meeting together for our last "official" time of spiritual direction.
*sad face*
I've been thinking about what I could do or say to express to Jenni how deeply thankful I am for her investment in my life, but nothing seemed adequate.
Until, God gave me an idea.
And it requires your help.
If you have been touched somehow by God through my speaking or writing, would you be willing to write a note of thanks and blessing to Jenni? I think it would be awesome to present Jenni with a stack of cards at our last meeting, showing her how God has multiplied her investment in me by touching the lives of others.

If you are so inclined, please email me and I will give you my mailing address so you can send me a card, which I will give to Jenni.

Thank you, thank you for your kindness!


Karen

11 comments:

Deirdre said...

I would love to write to her. Please email me the address.
Deirdre
ldyemma@gmail.com

Jessica Nelson said...

Awesome idea! Send me your address. :-)

jessica_nelson7590 at yahoo DOT com

luvmy4sons said...

You have my e-mail. Send it along! I love how God makes the ripples of His blessing go out into the world like the ripples in a pond! what a wonderful idea! Hugs to you1 You have been a blessing to me many times over!

Karen Hossink said...

Deirdre, Jessica, and Leslie - Thanks so much. My address is on its way to you! *grin*

Patricia said...

What a FABULOUS idea!! Count me in on this...you have my email address too! :)

gianna said...

Me, too!
Is your address on your email? I will just take it from there if needed!

O Mom said...

I love how God gives us such a great idea that you know came totally from Him.
I have been praying for Him to give me something that I can do a little extra special for my daughter's 16 birthday, money is tight, family all lives far away, so I'm having a hard time planning something for her. But I just know He will give me something that only He knows would mean so much to her...

tkpatch said...

Please forward my the address! My good friend is also moving to uganda this summer. sad face too

Karen Hossink said...

Thanks, again, to EACH of you for participating in this blessing for Jenni!

O Mom - Let's pray.
Father in heaven, Creator of O Mom's daughter, Lover of her soul, thank You for knitting that sweet girl together in her mother's womb 16 years ago. Thank You for taking perfect care of her all the days of her life! You know her heart, You love her beyond anything we can imagine, and You know what would bless her for her birthday. So today I am asking You to put a wonderful idea in O Mom's mind. Please show her something she can do to bring joy to her daughter's heart.
And thank You, Father, that You care even about this!
We love You!!! And we pray in the wonderful, powerful, beautiful, matchless Name of JESUS.
Amen and amen!

On Purpose said...

Dear Jenni,

Thank you for your obedience, and commitment to our God. Know that your energy, time, love, prayers and encouragement was well invested. Karen has passed it right along to me many of times. Just to know that there is a momma out there living life with her Jesus and trying to do it on purpose means there is a support system. You Jenni are a brick in that support system and foundation. Thank You Jenni, and know that He smiles upon you. And can you hear His whisperers, for He too is saying, "Thank you Jenni!"...The Creator above loves you and is pleased for being loved and then loving. Jenni you have made this world a better place, and thank you for that!

Thank you Karen for this amazing opportunity!

Ronel said...

I am in... willing and ready to write her a note!!