Wednesday, June 06, 2012

It isn't that I WANT my friends to have troubles...

Three and a half years ago, my friend wrote this post. And ever since I read it, whenever I see a cardinal - I pray for Angela.
I have other prayer cues for other friends, and it absolutely delights my heart when God sets them before me. When HE calls me to pray for my friends.

So, the other day I was on a walk and two cardinals flew right in front of me. I smiled as I thought of Angela, and I prayed for her. Not knowing what was going on in her life at that moment, but fully confident that she was on God's mind and HE knew what she needed. And after prayed, I pulled out my phone and texted her. Just wanted to let her know I had been praying.

As I continued to walk I wondered why it was such a thrill to be reminded to pray for my friends. I mean, if God is calling me to pray for them, I trust it's because my friends are in need of God's intervention. Probably because they are facing trouble of some sort. And why would I be happy to know my friend's are facing trouble? Kinda backwards thinking, isn't it?
No, it isn't that I want my friends to have troubles. For me, the thrill of being called to pray is because I am reminded that God sees my friends. HE knows their needs. HE loves them. HE is thinking of them in that moment. And HE is inviting me to be a support to them through prayer.
So, I pray.
And I consider it an added bonus when I am able to send a message to my friends to let them know I've prayed. Because I want to remind them, too, God was thinking of them in their moment of trouble. And HE can meet their needs.

Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes,
with your right hand you save me.

Psalm 138:7

Karen

No comments: