Thursday, June 07, 2012

Saying Good-bye

Four months ago a delightful young lady entered our lives.

Anna is an exchange student from China who came to Okemos for the 2011/2012 school year. But things weren't working out with her host family. So in February, she came to live with us.
The sister Elizabeth has always wanted. *grin*

It's true, there have been struggles. Namely between Anna and the boys. And sometimes it's gotten heated. Even so, we have made efforts to work through the differences and I am so glad she has been part of our family. I truly believe God worked out the details to bring her here.
Anna has no religious background at all. I don't mean she has no Christian background. I mean NO religion. So she was very open to learning about Christianity. She knew the basics about Christianity, but I know she had never prayed before. And I am quite sure God was not a part of her thought-life. Both of those things have changed since she has come to us, and I pray she will continue with them when she goes home.
I am very thankful for several opportunities I have had to pray with Anna and love on her. We have had some good talks, and I love to hear her call me, "Mommy."

However, it is time to say good-bye.

Tomorrow morning I'll be taking Anna to the airport so she can fly back to China. I will be sad to see her go.
Ah, but it won't be for long. Anna is going to attend Ohio State University in the fall, and she plans to visit us when she comes back to the States in August.
She's already told me she wants to come to our house for Christmas break. I am looking forward to showing her how we celebrate Christmas!

And just for fun, Anna made dinner for us last night. Real Chinese dumplings. She even let me help wrap them. :)


So, dear Anna, I guess it's good-bye. For now. :)

Karen

No comments: