Thursday, June 06, 2013

Dog Lessons: Part 3

Go to the Comforter.

It used to be that Mindy had a kennel. She slept in her kennel, and that is where she stayed whenever we left the house.
But then she got really weird about it, so we quickly got rid of the kennel. And Mindy had to find a new place to sleep.
She chose Joshua's room. He made a comfortable nest for her right under his bed, and she was a happy dog. Every night when he goes to bed, Mindy faithfully follows.

The other day as I was getting ready for work, Mindy took her usual day-time position. She likes being where the action is so, while I had my breakfast and gathered my things for work, she was laying on a blanket in the corner of the family room. I think she felt comfortable there - watching me do my thing.
When I put on my shoes and grabbed my purse, Mindy got up and slowly walked to the steps - looking at me with her sad eyes as if to say, "Mommy, don't leave me alone again." I said my usual, "Good-bye, Mindy. Have a nice day!" And as I opened the door to go into the garage, Mindy ran downstairs.
I knew where she was going.
She was headed straight for Joshua's bed - where she would stay all day when no one was in the house. Yes, she would be alone. But I knew the familiar smell of her beloved big brother would comfort her little heart.
And she would be OK.

What do you do when you're feeling alone and sad?
May I suggest applying this lesson from Mindy? Go to the Comforter!

Karen

No comments: