Thursday, September 01, 2016

It Doesn't Matter

My Facebook friends know. But I am not sure I've said anything about it here.

I am now a part of the new millennium.

Yes, folks. Karen got a smartphone!

And, in addition to providing a lot of people with comic entertainment while I have tried to do things like - enter appointments in my calendar, send a text message, and, oh, answer a call - I have begun accomplishing amazing feats.
For example, I bought my own case and put the phone in it all.by.myself. I learned how to use the new messenger app. I'm playing around with a video app which may, or may not, result in a really cool video being posted here some day. And yesterday? I applied my screen protector - all by myself - even though Brian told me it's kinda tricky to do.
I must admit, however, that I felt doomed to failure from the get-go.
Because I read the directions.
And they specifically state: "Clean handheld screen with the cloth provided in a dust-free environment." And I'm thinking, Where am I going to find a place like that? Dust-free???
I mean, in my house there's dust everywhere. Even after I dust, it finds its way back to table tops and figurines in a matter of minutes.
It's just like vacuuming. I put Mindy outside so I can vacuum up all of the hair she so freely leaves around. But as soon as I let her back in, so comes back the dog hair. And I'm thinking, Why bother?

So there I was, preparing to apply my screen protector - reading the directions and fearing I was going to foul up the whole procedure - when it occurred to me, it doesn't matter. If there is dust in the air or on the table when I am cleaning the screen - and my smartphone isn't smart enough to figure out how to get rid of it - and if as a result my screen protector doesn't go on perfectly, so what?
I'm not perfect.
My house isn't perfect.
My family isn't perfect.
Nothing in my life is perfect.
Except my Jesus. HE is perfect in every way. And that does matter.

Oh, how thankful I am for all the times HE fixes my outlook.
How has Jesus affected your perspective lately?

Karen

No comments: