Tuesday, September 06, 2016

I'm On My Knees

14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

~Luke 1:14-17
It must have been eight or nine years ago when I listened to my mentor reading those words.
And although I knew they were spoken to Zechariah in reference to his not-yet-born son, John - in the quiet of those moments in my friend's living room, I could have sworn God was promising that hope to me in reference to my son, Josh.
As the years have passed and I have gone through various struggles with my son, I confess that sometimes I have lost sight of that promise. Even believed at times that it couldn't possibly come to pass. Still, God's Spirit brings it to my mind time and again - and I am convicted of my obligation to trust and believe.
And my responsibility to pray.

Thus, in recent days I have found myself seeking wisdom. I have been confessing my trust in God's power, His perfect plan, and His sovereign ability to work it out. And I am laying these struggles at His feet. Believing He has a purpose for the path we're walking. Trusting He will use it to form my son into a vessel which He will use "to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
Ahhhhh, friends. I don't know how it's going to happen.
Some days it's really hard to trust.
But my hope is in God because I have experienced His faithfulness, and I know He does not change.
And so - I will continue to pray. And trust. And believe.
By the power of Your Name, JESUS!

What burden are you being called to entrust to the Lord?

Karen

No comments: