Friday, April 12, 2019

It's My Pleasure

Five hours is a long time to be standing, but after my break yesterday that's what I had to do.
(Actually there was a lot of moving around, and dodging other employees as we all filled drinks, served orders, replenished cups and lids and sauces, etc. So I guess I wasn't really "standing" for five hours. But I was on my feet the whole time.)
When my shift was over and I finally sat down, my feet let me know how tired they really were.
But my face still held a smile, and my heart was very happy.
Because the previous five hours - in spite of being a bit chaotic at times when the lines were really long - were filled with laughter and joy.
*There was the young lady who had trouble deciding on a drink, whom I teased by asking, "Is that your final answer?" And her friend who joined in the joking by adding his own funny comments.
*I fully delighted in talking with the couple who carried in their 7-day-old baby girl. And encouraging the tired mom that she is amazing - being out in the world with hair done and make-up on. Because I remember when Elizabeth was a newborn, and I thought I was onto something if I was showered and dressed by 2:00 in the afternoon. Forget the hair and make-up!
*Another young couple traveled up to Okemos from Jackson (Because there is no Chick-fil-A in Jackson!) so the young man could have his first Chick-fil-A expereince. Girlfriend and I had lots of fun orienting Boyfriend to all things Chick-fil-A.
*And I cannot forget the numerous children who gave me shy peeks, the funny and friendly construction guys who are working across the street, or the I-can-do-all-things young mothers who refused assistance with carrying drinks/children/bags/sauces/and sometimes even trays to the dining room because, hey! that's what moms do.
God used each of these precious souls to help me delight in the day in the midst of the crazy.

The bottom line is: even when circumstances are taxing, when pressure is rising, when demands are rapid, and our feet are tired - joy can be found and our hearts can be lifted.
Whether we're at Chick-fil-A, or not!

Karen

No comments: