Friday, April 19, 2019

It's My Pleasure

So I started this It's My Pleasure series with the intent of sharing weekly reflections each Friday about my experiences working at Chick-fil-A.
But today is a different kind of Friday.
And I'm reflecting on different kinds of thoughts.
Today is the day which is recognized by the Church as Good Friday. The day we set side to specifically remember Jesus' death on the cross - His sacrifice for our sins.
His death for our life.
His suffering for our salvation.
Even as I sit here contemplating the words to write my heart aches for the reality that it was MY sin - not just "our" sin, but MINE - which sent Him to the cross.
My heart aches because I know the descriptions in the Bible, even the portrayals of the crucifixion in movies (as gruesome as they may be) cannot come close to depicting the reality of the pain and suffering Jesus went through as He bled and died for us.
For YOU.
For ME.
Do you get it?
Jesus didn't deserve to die!
He lived a perfect, sinless life. Eternity in Heaven was HIS for the taking. It's what HE deserved.
But He came to earth for another purpose. He came to show us how to live. And He came to suffer and die on our behalf. (Yes, this has me thinking about Psalm 66:5 again.)
Jesus didn't deserve to die, but He came and He did it anyway.
Because of God's love for His creation.
He knew His sacrifice would result in new life for everyone who receives Him.
And as I was contemplating this post it occurred to me how fitting it is with the title of this series.
Because - at the risk of sounding cheesy - I propose that when I say, "Thank You, JESUS, for sacrificing Yourself so I might have new life!" He may very well respond by saying, It's My pleasure.

For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

~Hebrews 12:2
Thank you, JESUS!!!

Karen

No comments: