Tuesday, May 14, 2019

I am a Blessed Mom

A lot has changed in our home since Mother's Day 2018.
That is to say, 2/3 of our children no longer call our house "home".
And the difference in the life circumstances of my children led me to have very low expectations for Mother's Day.
I don't say that to communicate that I had bitter feelings about how I anticipated the day would go.
I truly wasn't concerned about it.
In fact, I had found a new recipe which I was looking forward to trying for dinner.
In previous years, when all the kids were home, I *might* have been known to leave Sunday "blank" on the menu during the second week in May. Just so they knew I wasn't planning on cooking for Mother's Day. But this year I was aware that life has taken new directions, and I was ready to bend with it.

My kids, however, had different plans.

They connected with each other and made plans to converge on our house Sunday evening to prepare a wonderful dinner and dessert. (Keto-approved, nonetheless!)
And this is what happened when their plans came to fruition:






After a delicious dinner we sat around the table and talked. (One of my favorite things to do!)
And then, we played several rounds of Spicy Uno. (Another one of my favorite things!)

So, for Mother's Day 2019: I didn't have to make dinner, all my kids were home, and we had a blast enjoying one another's company.
It was a great day!

Karen

No comments: