Wednesday, May 22, 2019

When Letting Go is the Best Decision

Did you see "To Joey, With Love"?
If you didn't, you should remedy that situation as soon as possible.
And if you did, then you know the beautiful story of Joey and Rory Feek.
Well, one of my Facebook friends posted this video and I couldn't help but watch it. Because I love their story. And now I am really feeling all the feels.
I mean, Rory had no idea that just a few short years after he and Joey made their video - he would be living it. Without her.

Do you realize how very fleeting our lives are?

Sorry. I am not trying to be a downer in the middle of your week, but these thoughts are just flooding my heart right now.
Perhaps because of a conversation I had with a friend yesterday.
She has spent the past 30+ years in a nearly non-existent relationship with her siblings, and yesterday we were talking about it - wondering if there will ever be reconciliation. Thirty plus years! It breaks my heart to consider a life-time of love and family and memories missed because of wrong understandings, stubborn minds, and misguided perspectives.
My friend's heart is broken, too.
Then came this video from Joey and Rory, and the harsh reality that time is shorter than we know.
And the whole package has me wanting to beg the world to forgive and be reconciled to one another.
Because on our last day - or the day after somebody else's last day - I think we're really going to wish we had let go of the burdens, the anger, the pain, even the bitterness onto which we'd been holding.
I believe we will be wishing we had let go of it long, long ago.
In fact, if we're honest, I suspect many of us would like to be free of the load today.
So I have to ask, do you need to seek forgiveness from someone?
Or do you need to extend that grace to another? Even though they don't deserve it???
Oh, would you humble yourself and enter into reconciliation?
Because life is too precious to let resentment rule.

Karen

No comments: