Friday, May 03, 2019

It's My Pleasure

A couple of weeks ago I was working in the drive-thru window in the morning.
As I always do, I asked the guest whom I was serving, "How's your day going?"
That question often leads to interesting conversations, and even moments of celebration - like with one young man this week who had just taken his last final, is graduating from MSU tomorrow, and then is flying to Los Angeles to begin his career.(!)
But the man who faced me at the window on that particular day gave a less-than-enthusiastic response. Honestly, I don't remember exactly what he said, but I could tell his heart was sad. So as I handed his order to him I said, "I know God is faithful. And I pray you will experience His faithfulness today."
And that was that.

Until Monday, when he came through the drive-thru again.

When we were face-to-face for the first time since a couple of weeks ago he told me this: "Hey, I came through here before and I was really discouraged. You said something which comforted me, and I just want to thank you." He went on to tell me that his mother recently died and it's been very hard - but his faith, family, and friends have helped him get through it. And my heart delighted in realizing God allowed me to be a small part of that help for him.

Truly, what an honor it is - what a pleasure! - to be the hands and feet of Jesus, and sometimes even His voice. We can be His instrument anytime, anywhere if we will just listen to His Spirit and obey whenever He nudges us.
LORD, please help me be attentive to Your Spirit's leading so I might serve You faithfully wherever I may be. It's my pleasure to be used by You!

Karen

No comments: