Friday, February 01, 2008

WooHoo!

"WooHoo!"

That is what Jessica wrote on my work-out chart this morning.
Really.
I saw it!

When I started working out in November I did modified push-ups (knees on the floor rather than toes) and a couple weeks ago Jessica had me start doing the un-modified version. Monday she wanted me to do ten and I did them, but my big push was having her saying, "C'mon, Karen. If you do ten I won't make you do any more!" (She knows how to motivate me. LOL)
So today she said we were going to finish with push-ups. I said, "Modified or un-modified." Jessica's look said, Do you even need to ask? C'mon, Karen. You can do this. As I was getting into position she asked how many I thought I could do. I answered confidently, "Three." (I knew I could do more, but I was thinking about being DONE.) Jessica just chuckled and said something like, "You can do more."
I made it to three quite easily. When I got to nine she said, "OK. One more." But as I was doing the tenth I said, "I can keep going." (I was thinking one or two more.
With twelve Jessica asked, "Can you make it to fifteen?"
I did.
And then she said, "Twenty. Go for twenty."
Eighteen was hard.
Nineteen was very hard.
And twenty.was.v-e-r-y...h-a-r-d. *collapse*
But I did it!!!!
Jessica had a stomach ache this morning but said if she didn't, she would have been jumping up and down for me. *grin* That's when she told me I got a WooHoo! on my chart. I think I was as excited as Matthew is when he gets a "star plus" on his papers.
I did twenty un-modified push-ups! WooHoo!
Look out, World. Here I come!!!

post signature

8 comments:

Stacey said...

WooHoo! Hey, that's great! I have to admit that I'm really jealous. Two years ago when I started school, I had been used to doing Pilates and walking every day. I felt so good! But since then it has dwindled to the point that I feel accomplished if I get a few good stretches in and a few short brisk paces in between classes. You really make me miss working out. Keep it up and hopefully I'll be reporting some yippy fitness news soon!

Annie said...

WooHoo!!!!
That's GREAT!!!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

hi karen, i think you asked what genre i write. my latest ms is historical fiction. :-)

also wanted to let you know that right now i am doing a giveaway for a personalized book...they are fun and memorable...even if you don't typically read romance. it's a great valentine giveaway thru "romance by you." *elizabeth

Karen Combes said...

WOW! I'm impressed! I give you a WooHoo, too!!!
Blessings ~ Karen

momteacherfriend said...

Woohoo indeed! Way to go.
I tend to do modified because no one is telling me to do otherwise. Every now and then I throw a regular push-up in for good measure. But I still don't like to do more than 10 at a time.
I will jump and down for you if I see you today at church.

kreed said...

Woo Hoo for sure! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I tagged you today. Hope you can play along :)
Debbie aka The Real World Martah(S)

Shawna said...

Yay! That's so great!