Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What's on Your Mind '09?

What's on Your Mind '09?, Shane's brain child, is back in session! Actually, it's been up and running since the beginning of the month. I'm just a little slow.
*sheepish grin*

But this week, I'm joining in.

Over the past two weeks, Shane has been encouraging bloggers to consider our reason for writing as well as who it is that reads our blogs. And this week she is challenging us to find a Bible verse which ties the two (our reason, and our readers) together.
And I?
Think I've found it!

All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 The Message
That's really what it's all about here at Surviving Motherhood. I am an imperfect woman, loved by a perfect God. I have faced hard times. I have struggled.
I still do.
But I have been comforted by God so tenderly. He has given me hope beyond anything I could imagine. Now He brings friends to this blog who need comfort, too.
Friends who have searched the internet with terms like burnt out mom, failure mom, encouragement for moms,and can't handle motherhood.
And because God has come alongside me and comforted me through my hard times, I am able to come alongside others with that comfort, too.
Yes.
That's what it's all about here.
I will not pretend to know the answers. I can't tell you how to be a perfect mother. If you're looking for tips on running a perfect house, you won't find them here.
But I have been comforted in my hard times, and if you're looking for encouragement from one who has been there - er, who is there! - you've come to the right place.

Father in heaven, thank You for the comfort You have given me, for the new mercies You give me every day. Please use this blog as a vehicle of your grace and mercy. Please speak through me as I type, and bring comfort to every person who comes by this little slice of the internet.
I'm asking it in Jesus' Name. Because His name is power, and comfort, and holy, and wonderful!
Amen and amen.

***************************
I sort of tied in next week's What's on Your Mind '09? topic, too. Because I won't be participating.
Because next Tuesday *might* be my birthday.
And I *might* be doing a little giveaway.
Maybe.
I mean, you'll have to come back to find out. *grin*

post signature

6 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

I think you chose the perfect verse. That is exactly what is going on in this part of the blogosphere!

On Purpose said...

Good Morning my friend...our God has answered the very prayer you typed on this blog...this blog is most definitely used as His vehicle for mercy and grace! Amen!

LauraLee Shaw said...

What a perfect fit that verse is! Love it! And love the calling the Lord has given you. God is working, and moms need the encouragement and insights to see Him in it. :D

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Your scripture selection is very fitting. I would have chosen the same one for mine, but I guess I will have to change it to, 1 Peter 3:15

smooches,
Larie

Anonymous said...

Oh you sure did find the perfect verse!! :)
And I am so very blessed to have found you! Thanks for all of your encouragement!
Patricia nyc

Amanda said...

Gulp. The Message.



Anywho... what a wonderful idea!! I think I just might try and do this myself!

God bless-
Amanda