Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Are You Aware?

My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it.

~Brennan Manning
My friend texted me this quote a few days ago and, on my first read, I agreed with it.
Yes, indeed. I am deeply loved by Jesus and have done nothing either to earn or deserve it.
I could agree with that. For sure!

But then I read it again, and the first phrase caused me to question my agreement. I know I am deeply loved. But that part about it being my deepest awareness of myself? I wondered, is that really true of me? Am I that aware of Christ's love for me?
Honestly, I don't think I am. But I want to be!
And so I pray God will continue to transform my heart and my thinking. Father, please take me to the place where my deepest awareness will be that I am deeply loved by You.

How about you? What is your deepest awareness of yourself?

Karen

No comments: