Monday, April 29, 2013

Encouragement for Frustrated Moms

I received this text from a friend a few days ago:

Can you remind me that I don't suck because I yell when I lose my temper sometimes?

I replied to her this way:
YOU ARE AWESOME, AND YOU ARE LOVED BY GOD.
EVEN WHEN YOU LOSE YOUR TEMPER AND YELL.

The same is true for you, my friend.
My frustrated, tired, irritable, overwhelmed, trying-really-hard-to-get-it-right-friend.
God - who is perfect in every way - loves you in every moment. Even when you blow it sometimes and do the things you really don't want to do.
I am convinced HE looks on you with love and compassion in those moments, wanting for you to come to Him for the help and grace you need. His arms are open and His love is unending.

Run to HIM!

So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
so he can show you his love and compassion.
For the Lord is a faithful God.
Blessed are those who wait for his help.
O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem,
you will weep no more.
He will be gracious if you ask for help.
He will surely respond to the sound of your cries.

Isaiah 30:18-19 (NLT)

Karen

4 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Such a good reminder....because we all BLOW IT and often we blow it big time. I need to be reminded that HE loves me in spite of me.

Heather {Desperately Seeking} said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Sara K. said...

So true, Karen! Hard to take it in sometimes -- but He really does have compassion on us when we mess up (like the Father who ran to the prodigal son who had foolishly squandered his inheritance). Very encouraging post!

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - HE loves me in spite of me. How true. And how wonderful!

Heather - Thanks. :)

Sara - Oh, how I want to learn to imitate HIS compassion. LORD, please work in me that which is pleasing to You!