Thursday, July 04, 2013

Declaring My Dependence

It's the fourth of July!

And while the rest of this nation is celebrating our Declaration of Independence, I am here to declare my dependence.
When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one Man to die in order to dissolve the chords of sin which have destined His loved ones to an eternity in Hell, and thereby take on the punishment for their sin - setting them free and reuniting them with their Father in heaven - a reasonable response from those loved ones requires that they should declare their gratitude and devotion to the One who died for them.

I find these truths to be self evident, that I am a sinful woman without hope and without a future - except for the love and mercy shown to me by God through His Son, Jesus Christ. --That the blood Jesus shed on the cross was enough to cover my sins (and yours!) and bring forgiveness for all mankind. --That I have been made new by the grace of God through Jesus. --That the Holy Spirit now lives in me, and leads me in every day. --That apart from God, I can do nothing. --That God is perfectly faithful and I can trust Him. --That I now have hope, where there was no hope before.

I therefore solemnly declare by the grace of God that I am a free woman, absolved of all allegiance with the enemy of my soul; and by the power of the Holy Spirit I may declare War on my enemy at any time. I furthermore declare my intention to follow Jesus Christ with my whole heart, all the days of my life on this earth - while relying on the Holy Spirit's power to enable me to walk in His ways.
Wanna add your signature to this Declaration?

Karen

4 comments:

double blessing said...

I will add my signature!
Susan Gunn
:)

Karen Hossink said...

Susan - It's good to have you with me on this! :)

Oh, wow! Just looked at your comment again, and I see God's signature there, too!
Explanation here: http://surviving-motherhood.blogspot.com/2008/04/gods-signature.html

Leah Adams said...

Wow! That is incredible! DId you write it? I have never seen it before but it is wonderful.

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - Why, yes, I did. :) I looked at the Declaration of Independence as a guide, and went from there.
Thanks.