Thursday, July 25, 2013

He Makes Me Smile

The other day, this picture fell out of my Bible.

I held it and looked at it, and just smiled. Smiled for his funny face. Smiled for his silliness. Smiled for the memory of how hard the photographer at church tried to get a "nice" picture of Matthew with his "First Grade Bible". Smiled for the recollection of God's faithfulness through the journey of raising this crazy kid. Smiled for the hope I have in God's faithfulness for the future of this journey.
For so many reasons, he makes me smile.

Why are you smiling today?

Karen

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

SO CUTE!!! :) Is this when a parent really starts thinking, "Where did the time go?"

Karen Hossink said...

Sara - Honestly? I really do find it hard to believe over six years have passed since that photo was taken. But my greater thought was full of thanksgiving for God's faithfulness through all that time!