Friday, July 12, 2013

Lessons From the Edge

You shouldn't mess with fireworks.

If you've been around older folks for any amount of time, you probably know they often repeat themselves.

If you've been around older folks for any amount of time, you probably know they often repeat themselves.

Heeee heeee!

Anyway, you probably know this fact.
Well, last Saturday I was at work, and heard lots of repeating. And I do mean lots. I was in the atrium painting signs for a party we're having later this month, and D was there, too. He was reading the paper. Apparently, there was an article about a woman who had been injured on the Fourth of July. Seems emergency personnel found her laying in the middle of the road after a mishap with fireworks.
I know this, because D read and re-read that sentence several times.
And after each recitation of the news article, D exclaimed, "Why would she do that? You shouldn't mess with fireworks. Those things are dangerous. You shouldn't mess with fireworks!" Sometimes he threw in a comment to the effect that this woman should have known better, but he always finished his statement with the same refrain: "You shouldn't mess with fireworks!"

I have to admit, eventually it became sort of comical listening to D.
Don't get me wrong - He's a charming man. I love him to pieces! However, there came a point when I wanted to tell him I got the message, and I was pretty sure every one else did, too. He could move on to another article.
And a new rant.
But I didn't say anything. I just smiled and let him keep on going.

And now I am pleased to bring you a PSA - from D and me!

You shouldn't mess with fireworks.

You're welcome. *wink*

Karen

No comments: