Friday, November 14, 2014

Lessons From the Edge

Everything's better with a buddy.

I have a new co-worker!
Monday, Tia joined the staff of Vista Springs Edgewood. She shares my job title, but is full-time in hours. Which means - pretty soon I am going to be back to working 24 hours a week.
And I am so looking forward to that!
For the past couple months things have been rather overwhelming at work, as we've been going through staff changes and shortages. I have worked long days - and still felt like I wasn't getting everything done. Only to come home feeling kinda grumpy because "work" wasn't finished even though I was exhausted.

That's why I was so glad to have Tia on board.

Then a funny thing happened.
Tuesday was Veterans' Day and we had a special afternoon planned for our Veterans. It involved lots of work in the way of planning and moving furniture and gathering people together. Which also meant lots of work executing the event and then moving all the furniture back into place.
Needless to say, it was another long day at work.
But I had Tia there helping me with it all.
And, at the end of the day as I walked to my car - tired body and sore feet - I realized I wasn't feeling grumpy. At all. Because I hadn't done the whole day of activities by myself.
I had Tia there helping me with it all.

Everything's better with a buddy.

Karen
Disclaimer: The ideas and opinions expressed in this post are my own, and may not necessarily reflect those of Vista Springs Living Centers.

5 comments:

Kaira said...

I'm so glad, I'm so glad, I'm so glad!!!

Karen Hossink said...

Me, too. Me, three. Me, four! ;)

Sara K. said...

I totally agree! You can be cleaning a stadium full of toilets, and it'll be a lot better doing it with a buddy! ;) wink wink

Karen Hossink said...

Sara - Uh, yeah. NO WAY you'd catch me doing that alone.

Kaira said...

*giggle *