Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Two Dinosaurs and an Eskimo

This past weekend was "Family Weekend" at Wheaton, so Brian and I and the boys (and Nick, a.k.a. "Beau") made the westerly trip to see Elizabeth.

It was tons of fun. :)

On Saturday afternoon, Elizabeth wanted to take us to a park she's discovered. It is full of great playground equipment, including a "zip line" for little kids. (On which all the big kids played!) She got us all to roll down the sledding hill. (Which was super fun, if not nauseating. Might have been a good idea to NOT attempt such a feat right after lunch. *ahem*) And then she showed us how to make "dinosaur masks" out of leaves. (I was chilly and opted for the role of "Eskimo" so I could stay bundled up.)

Like I said, it was tons of fun. But I did wonder - as I contemplated my daughter's excitement about all things park and playground - How much are we paying for this fun she's having?

Ahhhhh, I jest. We are simply delighted with Wheaton College and every single part of Elizabeth's college experience. I thank God, as I trust Him to bring to completion the good work He has begun.

Karen

No comments: