Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Yes, You Can

So, remember the story I told you about Monday?
The one that didn't go as I had expected?
Well, I'm sure you'll be relieved to know it had a happy ending.
So happy, in fact, that when I finished reading it I closed my eyes, remembered the video devotion I had recorded, and thanked God that I can - indeed - always trust the Author.

Moments later I set aside the novel I had just finished reading, and I picked up my prayer journal. I was acutely aware of God's faithfulness in writing our stories and I wanted to spend some time reflecting on His steadfastness. Before I opened my journal I sat for a few minutes thanking God that I can trust Him even regarding some potentially big stuff on the horizon. I was telling Him, God, I know You know how this is all going to play out. I know You can handle it. I know You are going to write this story beautifully, even though it doesn't look possible to me right now. Yes, LORD, I am trusting You to work out the details.
Then I paused for a moment, breathed in His peace, and proceeded to open my prayer journal.
Written in large print, across the top of the page to which I had opened, were these words:

And I thought, Yes, LORD. Yes! That's what I'm talking about. Your will be done. Write this story the way You want. The way You know is best. YOUR WILL BE DONE!
And then I sat there giggling for a few minutes because I always get a little giddy when God shows up in my details like that. It seemed like He was saying to me, Ahhhh, Karen, I'm so glad you understand and agree now. I Am writing your story. I know you can't see how this circumstance is going to end, and I know it is concerning to you. But you need not worry. My will is going to be done. And it will be good. You can trust Me, dear one. Yes, you can.

And so can you!

Karen

No comments: