Friday, April 20, 2007

Random Questions from Annie

OK, I'm joining in on something fun! Annie's friend gave her five random questions to answer in her blog, which she did. Then Annie posted random questions to be answered by anyone "up to the challenge." I'm looking at these and I'm thinking, Uh, this is going to require some brain power. Am I up to it? I think so! Here goes!


1. What is a holiday tradition that you always did growing up that is maybe a little different than how others might celebrate, but means something really special to you? I'm not sure how different this one is, but it is the first thing that comes to mind when I think about holiday traditions from my growing up years. It was my sister and I - somehow the job always came to us - stringing popcorn and cranberries for the Christmas tree.

Oh, how we hated that job! No matter how careful we were, our fingers received numerous pokes from the needle. The one positive is that I LOVE popcorn, and I might have helped myself to a few handfuls while I was stringing...

For all the complaining I did about the job as a kid, I do have very fond memories now!

2. In your home, where is your favorite place to be and why? Hmmm, this is a G-rated blog. That'll affect my answer. *wink*

I'd have to say: Sitting in the glider in the corner of our family room between 6:00 and 6:40 most mornings, because that's where and when I have my quiet times with God, and I love my quiet times with Him!!!

3. What is the best gift you ever received, who was it from, and why was it so special? A sweatshirt embroidered Super Mom, from my husband. It was special, not because of what it said, but because of the thought and energy my wonderful husband put into coming up with the idea and having the shirt made.

4. If time and money were not a concern, how would you spend a free weekend? This one is easy. I'd take the family to the Great Wolf Lodge. We went there once, when money was not an object, (It was my mother-in-law's treat.) and we had an absolute BLAST!!! I'd love to go again.

5. Name someone who has inspired you in life and explain why. This one is easy, too. Kathy Troccoli. She has such a passion for God, for living for Him, and for being the woman He has created her to be. God used her (as well as Kay Arthur and Jerry Bridges) significantly in planting in me the desire to become the woman He wants me to be. Besides that, I love her music! .

So there you have it. My answers to Annie's random questions. Thanks, Annie - That was fun!

Now, and I hope I get this right, if you would like to answer five random questions I'm thinking up, leave me a comment (I'll want to know who's participating so I can stop by and read your responses.) and check back in a few days when I'll have them posted for you. OK, next week is going to be very busy for me...It may be more than a few days until I post your questions. P-p-please be patient with me!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I followed you over from Annie's blog! Loved your answers! :o) I don't think I ever got to string popcorn! It sounds quite painful, though, LOL!

Robin Green said...

I enjoyed reading your answers--I like Kathy Troccoli as well. She has an awesome voice.

Annie said...

Karen,
You figured it out! I'm glad you participated, it was fun to read your answers. I saw Kathy T.'s name on your blog a while back and pulled her up on rhapsody to listen to an old cd I used to have. I had completely forgotten how much I enjoyed listening to her singing. On the CD Corner of Eden, I like the songs "A different road" and "Goodbye for now."
Have a great weekend!
♥, Annie

Annie said...

Come over to my weekend reflection Karen, I've nominated you!

Karen Hossink said...

Carrie ~ Thanks for visiting. I hope you'll come back lots!

Jenna ~ Have you evern seen Kathy in person? Besides the singing, she is an incredibly gifted speaker.

Annie ~ Yes, I did figure it out. Hubby helped a bit! :) Now I'll have to figure out the Thinking Blogger Award banner thing... Thanks. That was so kind of you!

I have sung "Goodbye for now" at funerals/memorial services for my husband's grandma and grandpa, both of my grandpas, and my father-in-law. It is a beautiful song, so full of hope. I love it!