Monday, April 30, 2007

Sand Art


Last week my friend at MomTeacherFriend posted about an art project she and her kids did together, using colored sand. As soon as I read about it I knew it was an activity my kids would love to do, so I e-mailed her and asked, Where can I get some of that sand?
The answer? WalMart, in the arts & crafts section, for less than $5!
So I went out the next day and bought the necessary materials: paper plates, glue, and colored sand. Then the kids and I drew pictures using q-tips and glue and spinkled them with sand. (A great outdoor activity, by the way!)We had so much fun and are all so proud of our creations, I wanted to display them here for you to admire.
Thanks for the idea Mom!


post signature

6 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Karen,
The project looks like great fun.
Your book arrived today, thank you so much for sending it. I look forward to reading it!
blessings~
Annie

momteacherfriend said...

Your most welcome!

Your pieces of art are fabulous! It looks like your family had as much fun as mine.

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! I am going to add that to my list of summer activities!

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

Awesome! The horse is GREAT and I want a plate that says "Mom Rocks!"

Karen Hossink said...

Annie ~ I hope you are blessed as you read.

Mom ~ We did have tons of fun. In fact, my niece said she wants to come over all summer!

Lauren ~ I even got a little sun tan while we did it.

Heather ~ I am amazed you could read that. Joshua and I have a new *thing* when he leaves for school in the morning. We say back and forth *You rock more than me!* It's really sweet.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!