Friday, May 04, 2007

Tag! I'm it...

Coach J has tagged me for a meme. What fun! I used to hate getting tagged when I was a kid out at recess, but this time I like it.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

The tricky thing about this assignment is, I just finished working on my 100 Things, since my 100th post is coming up soon. (This one is number 94.) Since I don't want to give away any of those 100 Things, I've been thinking hard to come up with seven more. Or should this be a preview??? Nah, I'm going to try for unique. Here goes!

* When I was a little girl I used to get up on Saturday mornings, get two pickles out of the refrigerator, wrap them in a paper towel, snuggle in a blanket and watch cartoons as I ate pickles for breakfast. When the pickles were gone, I would just smell the pickle juice left in the paper towel.
Weird, I know. But Coach J said something about pickles in her answers to this meme and it reminded me of my silly little habit.
* I can move my eyes independently of each other. That is, I can keep one looking straight and turn the other in toward my nose, then bring the straight one in and straighten the second.
* When I was a little girl I had a dog named Happy. But we had to have her put to sleep after she got into a fight with a forest critter and started getting mad.
* I can bend my finger at the top knuckle while keeping the bottom knuckle straight. Hmmm, is this turning into a stupid human tricks entry?
* In my lifetime I have broken my left middle finger, my right elbow, and my left knee. And as a result of various accidents and one surgery I have had somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 stitches in my head.
* Oh, this is a fun fact. It's one I often use when I play the get-to-know-ya game called Two Truths and a Lie. I have performed on the same stage as Barry Manilow. Really. I have. The truer truth is that we performed on the same stage at two totally different times.
* As a young adult, my dream used to be to "make it" on Broadway someday. Now I just want to live and glorify God on the narrow way!

Awww, that's seven already. I was just getting on a roll. Well, there's more to come in a week or so when I make it to my 100th post. Thanks, Coach J, for giving me such a great opportunity to promote my 100 Things. *wink*

In the mean time, I want to tag MomTeacherFriend, Heather, Karen, Ann, Melissa, Elizabeth, and Jen. Have fun, ladies. And let me know if you decide to play so I can come and see what you have to say!

post signature

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! I'm tagged...I'll have to write later, but I'll definately participate!

Jenny said...

great job!! can't wait to read your 100 list.
come back and I'll explain the t-shirt

Annie said...

Great list! I used to do the same thing with pickles and a paper towel, except I didn't smell the paper towel... I sucked all the juice out of the pickle and then ate the insides first (yum right?)... then I found out that sour cream with hidden valley dressing mix in it was a perfect combination with pickles. It was my favorite snack growing up. Every once in a while I get it now and still love it. I didn't know you were a singer until your last post about your presentation. You should put a video up on your website of you singing!
I look forward to your list of 100!

momteacherfriend said...

7 things huh?
I shall see what I can come up with.

KarenW said...

Thanks for the tag! I've posted my list on my blog.

Karen Hossink said...

Melissa ~ I look forward to it.

Coach ~ Thanks. I'll be back.

Annie ~ There is NO WAY I'm putting a video of myself singing on my website. I don't like to hear recordings of my voice and will avoid it at all costs.

Mom ~ Yes, 7. You can do it!

Karen ~ I enjoyed your list. Thanks for playing!