Friday, May 04, 2007

Tag! I'm it...

Coach J has tagged me for a meme. What fun! I used to hate getting tagged when I was a kid out at recess, but this time I like it.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

The tricky thing about this assignment is, I just finished working on my 100 Things, since my 100th post is coming up soon. (This one is number 94.) Since I don't want to give away any of those 100 Things, I've been thinking hard to come up with seven more. Or should this be a preview??? Nah, I'm going to try for unique. Here goes!

* When I was a little girl I used to get up on Saturday mornings, get two pickles out of the refrigerator, wrap them in a paper towel, snuggle in a blanket and watch cartoons as I ate pickles for breakfast. When the pickles were gone, I would just smell the pickle juice left in the paper towel.
Weird, I know. But Coach J said something about pickles in her answers to this meme and it reminded me of my silly little habit.
* I can move my eyes independently of each other. That is, I can keep one looking straight and turn the other in toward my nose, then bring the straight one in and straighten the second.
* When I was a little girl I had a dog named Happy. But we had to have her put to sleep after she got into a fight with a forest critter and started getting mad.
* I can bend my finger at the top knuckle while keeping the bottom knuckle straight. Hmmm, is this turning into a stupid human tricks entry?
* In my lifetime I have broken my left middle finger, my right elbow, and my left knee. And as a result of various accidents and one surgery I have had somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 stitches in my head.
* Oh, this is a fun fact. It's one I often use when I play the get-to-know-ya game called Two Truths and a Lie. I have performed on the same stage as Barry Manilow. Really. I have. The truer truth is that we performed on the same stage at two totally different times.
* As a young adult, my dream used to be to "make it" on Broadway someday. Now I just want to live and glorify God on the narrow way!

Awww, that's seven already. I was just getting on a roll. Well, there's more to come in a week or so when I make it to my 100th post. Thanks, Coach J, for giving me such a great opportunity to promote my 100 Things. *wink*

In the mean time, I want to tag MomTeacherFriend, Heather, Karen, Ann, Melissa, Elizabeth, and Jen. Have fun, ladies. And let me know if you decide to play so I can come and see what you have to say!

post signature

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! I'm tagged...I'll have to write later, but I'll definately participate!

Coach Jenny said...

great job!! can't wait to read your 100 list.
come back and I'll explain the t-shirt

annie said...

Great list! I used to do the same thing with pickles and a paper towel, except I didn't smell the paper towel... I sucked all the juice out of the pickle and then ate the insides first (yum right?)... then I found out that sour cream with hidden valley dressing mix in it was a perfect combination with pickles. It was my favorite snack growing up. Every once in a while I get it now and still love it. I didn't know you were a singer until your last post about your presentation. You should put a video up on your website of you singing!
I look forward to your list of 100!

momteacherfriend said...

7 things huh?
I shall see what I can come up with.

KarenW said...

Thanks for the tag! I've posted my list on my blog.

Irritable Mother said...

Melissa ~ I look forward to it.

Coach ~ Thanks. I'll be back.

Annie ~ There is NO WAY I'm putting a video of myself singing on my website. I don't like to hear recordings of my voice and will avoid it at all costs.

Mom ~ Yes, 7. You can do it!

Karen ~ I enjoyed your list. Thanks for playing!