Tuesday, April 22, 2008

God's Signature

More and more I am becoming convinced God has a special thing with me and the number eleven, eleven. If you don't know the story behind it, please click over to this post and read about it.
A couple of weeks ago when I met Sue from Praise and Coffee we had lunch together. She didn't have her glasses and when our checks came she held hers up and asked me to tell her what it came to. It was $11.11. I chuckled, prayed for Brian, and told Sue the story of eleven eleven.
Last week I emailed a friend from small group and she replied (knowing the significance of that number), "Cute how you sent that email at 11:11." I didn't. Her computer was an hour off, but she saw the number and emailed it to me. So, of course, I prayed for Brian again.
Recently I was in the van with the kids, and Matthew piped up, "Mom, you might want to look at the clock." I thought, What for? We aren't on a schedule. We aren't late for anything. But I looked and saw it was 11:11.
This morning I was driving and glanced at the clock at 11:11 without anyone prompting me. (Well, I guess God prompted me.)
And just moments ago I was transferring files of a couple pictures onto my computer. I waited for the transfer to take place and looked at the bottom of the screen where I saw, "Taken 02/07/08 11:11 AM." So I am thanking God for my hubby and praying He will guide him through this day.

These events are fun to think of, but what happened Sunday just tickles me. God treated us to pizza!

We went to Pizza Hut for dinner to celebrate the boys' reading accomplishments with their BookIt certificates. (That's Pizza Hut's reading incentive program. A free personal pan pizza when you reach your monthly reading goal.) We placed our order and waited. And waited. The kids complained it was taking awhile, but I really hadn't noticed.
Eventually, our waiter came and told us he had forgotten to turn in our order so we were going to be getting a 50% discount off of our bill. When he left I smiled at the kids and said, "Well, that's a nice gift from God, isn't it?"

No one will be able to convince me it wasn't a gift from God.

When our bill arrived I turned it over and started to laugh. Do you know what our discount was?
$11.11!
I showed it to Brian and he said, "God's signature!" Yeah, that combined with the BookIt certificates made our total bill come to $4.37. Not bad for dinner for a family of five. Thanks, God!

I love that concept of God's signature. It seems He is using that number to remind me of His hand at work, like a secret code between us. Though I guess it isn't so secret anymore. *grin*
May I encourage you today to keep your eyes open to the ways God is working around you and communicating His love? What a delight it is to sense His presence. Seek Him today, my friend!

post signature

11 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Too cute. Love it!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!

Sheila said...

That's awesome! Just to have the ears to know it's God talkin'! How cool!

Sheila

Jenny said...

I like it when God does that. It makes me feel special, a special "thing" between me and Him.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Karen that is so neat. I think it is God's little reminders to you saying that He thinks you're beautiful and He loves you so much.

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

what a sweet story...

when i was in toronto on vaca quite a few years ago i was told that 11:11 on the clock meant you exchange a kiss...so the 11:11s & $11.11 you've been experiencing I definintely see as God giving you his Fatherly affection. :-)

*elizabeth

Shawna said...

I love that!! It is so wonderful how God talks to each of us in a special way.

She Rose Up said...

I love God signatures, they are like little love notes to us...He leaves them for us - wherever we go...You know right now I am impressed to pray that my husband and my sons will actually SEE and KNOW when God leaves His signature - His loves notes to THEM!


Thanks for the inspiration, Karen!
Maria

Jodi said...

That is so sweet!!

virginia said...

I love when God shows Himself like that.I too have had similar experiences.God and his goodness is not hard to find,we just need to be in watchful expectation.God bless you,virginia

LisaShaw said...

My husband experiences something so similiar with the LORD on a regular basis. Amazing to see how GOD works in our lives.