Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Did It!

I did it! I completed the 5K this afternoon. As in, I ran the whole way. I didn't stop, or slow down to walk.

I did it!!!

And I can totally see how people get into running. As in, I'm thinking about keeping up with it and doing another race sometime. Maybe.
This is a picture of Katie and I before the race. I couldn't find Brian to give him the camera, so I don't have a picture of me crossing the finish line. You'll just have to trust me. I did it!
This event was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and most of the time I ran I was praying for a college friend who has battled breast cancer. It was just over a year ago that she discovered it and has since gone through surgeries and treatments. She has seen God's faithfulness through it all, and as I ran I prayed God would give her strength when she's tired and help her to keep her eyes fixed upon Him.
I prayed, too, that He would continue to give me strength when I am tired of my own struggles, that He would give me courage to keep going when I want to give up, and that He would help me remember He is running this race with me.
And even as I type I am praying the same for you, my friend.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin which so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3

post signature

13 comments:

Stacey said...

WOW! I am very impressed!

luvmy4sons said...

Congrautlations! You can see the joy of accomplishment upon your face! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!! That is a great accomplishment:) You go girl!!
Blessings
Deb

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Wooohooo! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Great Karen!!

Unknown said...

Congrats!

I was out for an early morning walk the other day, and actually broke into a JOG several times! I thought of you and your 5K. (Mind you, I only did it when there was no traffic around too see).

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

Congrats Karen!! (the above comment was from me, I signed in with a wrong account... *oops)

Sandy said...

Congrats Karen! Way to go!!! WOO HOO!

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Awesome!!!! Super job on the race and I LOVE Hebrews 12:1-3.

Thanks for stopping by last week. I look forward to getting to know you better through your posts!

Many blessings,
Tracy

Mary Beth said...

You go girl! You are inspiring me... maybe I will go out for a 1K WALK to day! LOL!

Jen @ irrationallove said...

YAY YOU!!!

momteacherfriend said...

YEAH! I knew you could do it!
Congrats.