Thursday, April 03, 2008

Whew!

Woah! I have had a whirlwind day today. I have been up since 3:30 and really feel the need to go to bed, but I wanted to share just a bit here before I go collapse. *grin*
This morning I spoke for a precious group of women and God completely blessed me through them. We shared a fair amount of laughter and tears - which is always a good thing. A couple of them had already read my book and encouraged me with reports of how God has used my story to help them. I found the woman to look at when I said, "I love you," (If you aren't familiar with the significance of that statement, you can read about it here.) and I had nice one-on-one time with the coordinator when we went out to lunch, before she took me back to the airport.
One thing I really liked about this group was the set-up of the room. The microphone had a very long cord and the tables were nicely spaced, so when I sang I moved out into the middle of the room with the women. I loved being closer to them, making more eye contact, and just having a greater sense of intimacy. I'm not sure what it is about the combination of singing and being close to the audience that I enjoy so much, but I like it when I'm the one in the audience and I like it when I'm the one presenting. (Hoping the women did, too!)
This is the first time I have done a trip so quickly. In fact, as I was driving home from the airport tonight it surprised me to realize just twelve hours earlier I was on the plane headed to Chicago to start my day. In and out, rather quickly. Whew!
I love to be able to linger a little longer, to spend more time getting to know the women to whom I am speaking, but I was so glad the details worked out so I could make this trip today - as short as it was. I know I was blessed, and I pray God will continue to minister HOPE to each of the women who were present today. If you were one of the women at MOPS today, please know I am continuing to pray for you!

Loving Jesus,

post signature

7 comments:

Jody said...

I was one of the women there today. Thank you so much for your message. I can't speak for others but I know my heart was touched. Thanks so much for your honesty and for the encouragement that you brought us. I'm sure you are exhaused after such a whirlwind of a day. Enjoy the time with your husband sans children.

kreed said...

Sounds like a great day...get some rest!

luvmy4sons said...

So glad your time went well. It sounds like God was definitely in your midst...and by way of the donuts...I had to laugh because it has only been in recent years with very tall, VERY thin TEENS and one who is trying to gain weght( for football)lifting weights etc... that donuts have been added to the repetoire of our breakfasts. They HAVE to eat fresh fruit and fresh juice FIRST and there were breakfast muffins with eggs and cheese and ham...don't know why I feel a need to address this...isn't that funny? BUT just wanted to clarify! LOL!

Jenny said...

I hope you're getting some much needed rest today!
I love the picture you posted :)

Anonymous said...

That is so neat! I still would love to hear you speak sometime. I could learn so much from you. I hope you had a wonderful time. I use to live in Chicago. YUMMY FOOD!!!!
Many Blessings,

Debbie aka The Real World Martha(S)

Shonda said...

Karen,
Looks like a wonderful time for both you and those women. May the Lord bless you as speak for Him.

I have your blog in my bookmarks. I think I saw you comment on Leigh's blog before and wanted to come back. So stopping by to say hello to you today.

Blessings in Christ--

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were A Blessing and totally Blessed yourself!! I really enjoy your blog and will get your book for my daughter who has 3 girls.
Have a Blessed weekend:)
Deb