Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My Compassion Child

I am so excited! I just received my sponsor packet from Compassion International for the young girl I have "adopted." Her name is Yamileth, she is 13 years old, and she lives in Ecuador. When I went to Compassion's website to choose my sponsored a child, my heart quickened as I looked at Yamileth's picture. I can't explain it any other way except that God was nudging me to know this was the girl for me.
I have written her a note and enclosed a picture of my family which I will mail out tomorrow. And I sent Yamileth an email from Compassion's website today. Having read the stories of God using people to make a difference in the lives of children who are living in poverty, it thrills my heart to consider the hope I can hold out to this little girl.

Please us me, Lord!


And if you sense God nudging you to sponsor a child, too, just click on the button in my sidebar. You'll go right to Compassion's website where you can search for a child who is in need of someone like you to hold out hope to them.

BTW, I hope you're considering joining me on an adventrue to write your own psalm next week. Please spend some time reading Psalm 31!

post signature

10 comments:

LisaShaw said...

She's precious!

I completely understand. I felt the same in 2008 when the Lord led me to Hana at Compassion.

God bless you.

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

I know that Yamileth will be Spiritually blessed by you!

smooches,
Larie

Leah Adams said...

God bless you, Karen.

I plan to do this in the coming days. To be able to mentor a child, even in small measure, and to give them a chance to simply survive and thrive is something the Lord smiles on I believe.

God bless you!!

Leah

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Oh that is wonderful...I'm thinking about my psalm too

Ronel said...

I will start reading Psalm 31 and start thinking about my own psalm.. what a wonderful idea.

luvmy4sons said...

A wonderful idea. Blessing upon you for doing so. We sponsored a child through another ministry for years and years. Thanks again for your encouraging comment on my blog! It meant a lot!

KarenW said...

I know you'll be a blessing to her. May God continue to bless you and your ministry.

Amanda said...

You coulda liked to my Intentional Gratitude post this week... this is a REALLY good and unselfish thing you have done!!

I appreciate so much your generous heart and loving example!

Many blessings-
Amanda

Unknown said...

You're doing god's work! You, the children and all the child sponsors are in our thoughts and prayers. We sponsor a child from Kenya. And it's an incredible feeling to give back.

We work with an organization that's been instrumental in helping developing countries. We currently sponsor 10 thousand children in 6 different developing countries and we're on track to sponsor 1 MILLI0N more by 2013! We've also built 2 hospitals, 15 schools and 4 biogas digesters.

Have a look at our website if you get a chance

http://www.gotrivani.net

We're building the Largest Humanitarian Army in the WORLD...and we could always use a few more soldiers!

Cheers,
Kenny & Erica Jones

Anonymous said...

You are blessed that you have her.

Yamileth Is blessed by the Lord. He chose you to sponser her.

I pray that the Lord uses you and her to teach other beautifully and compassionately.

It is a wonderful feeling to be involved in these children's lifes.