Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not MY Girl!

Oh.my.word!
My daughter just showed me this picture and said when she has enough money, she wants to buy these jeans. She thinks they're sooooooooo cute with the bows on the side.
I looked at the picture and thought, Bows? What bows? All I see is too much skin!

Elizabeth must have read my mind because she quickly added, "I would wear leggings under them!"
I breathed a sigh of relief and thought loudly (in case she was still reading my mind) That's right! Because no daughter of mine is going to wear jeans that show off that much skin.

Call me old. Call me too conservative if you want to. But I do NOT understand most of today's "fashions". *eye roll*

Karen

6 comments:

Leah Adams said...

I call you a mom who cares about the character and holiness of her daughter......We are all leaving a Legacy.

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - Thanks for the support!

Patricia said...

Agree! I call you an AWESOME mom!!!

Sigh...it is getting tougher & tougher out there these days!

Steph said...

Yes! My almost 14 year old "other daughter" circled some clothes in a magazine and I thought, "There is NO WAY we are spending money on those types of outfits!"

Trying to have a conversation with her about what is appropriate is difficult when she is with her mother most of the time and it seems "anything goes"!

Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com said...

yes, I would have to agree, those show a bit too much skin!!

I've had the battles with my daughter about the "short" shorts. I bought her a pair, thinking they were not so bad, but I had to ban her from wearing them outside the house once we got home and she tried them on. Since then, I refuse to buy them.

Karen Hossink said...

Patricia - Thanks. ;o)
Fortunately Elizabeth is very modest and pretty sensible when it comes to what she wears.

Steph - I can only imagine what troubles you face with opposite parenting guidelines. *grrr*
Elizabeth and I are going to a mother/teen daughter event in March, and one of the aspects is a modesty fashion show. It's called Pure Freedom. Watch for it to come to your area!

Jodi - I thought about shorts when looking at those jeans. Sure, shorts show more skin, but they're SUPPOSED to. To me, the jeans are just way too suggestive.