Thursday, March 10, 2016

While You Were Sleeping

Ahhhh, that was such a good movie!

BUT, I am not writing about cinema on the blog today.
Just thought it would be fun to borrow the title for my post. *wink*

Anyway, Tuesday night I had a little fun with Matthew.
Brian and I were on our way to our room and noticed Matthew laying on his bed - with the door open, the light on, and his earbuds in. It looked like he was asleep, but we weren't sure. I called his name, popped the earbuds out, and called his name again.
No response.
Brian got a big smile on his face and asked, "What should we do to him???" This, from the guy who was known to torment his little brother when he "woke up" at night to go potty - by constantly turning him in the direction opposite the bathroom.
Yeah. I didn't have any form of torture in mind for our sleeping boy.
Instead, I leaned over his nearly-as-long-as-mine-body and started singing "You Are My Sunshine."
Just like I used to when he was a little guy.
And when the song ended, I leaned over a little bit more and kissed his almost-sixteen-year-old-cheek.
*Be still, my momma's heart.*
Then, with a smile on my face and in my heart I turned off his light, spun around to see my husband's grinning face, and went to bed myself.

Karen

No comments: