Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Hidden Treasure

In spite of not wanting to tackle the mess that was my closet, I was inspired to do it this past weekend. *Read that: My husband practically begged me to do it.*
And I think God rewarded me for the effort. Because in the midst of the boxes and pictures and bags, and a few other things I can't believe I held onto for so long, I found this note:



I have no idea how old Elizabeth was when she gave this paper to me. (Note to mothers of young children: Write dates on all their papers and pictures and other keepsakes. You'll be so glad you did!) What I do know is her heart is just as beautiful today as it was then. I have a sense she created this message for me on a day when I was struggling - that even back then, she was an instrument God was using to deliver hope and encouragement. And it delights me to see her now as a grown woman still seeking ways to honor Him by loving others.
Indeed. I have treasures to behold.
This paper is one.
My daughter is another.
And I am forever grateful to God every time HE reveals them.

What treasures have you discovered lately?

Karen

No comments: