Friday, March 27, 2020

It's My Pleasure

When we recieved orders Monday to shelter in place, I figured that meant no more Chick-fil-A until further notice.
But then the email arrived from the boss which confirmed: we are considered "critical infrastructure" by the state. I thought, How cool? We're essential! And as I shared that thought with a guest in the drive-thru Wednesday, she agreed. "You're essential to my family. That's for sure!"
Oh, things are different.
The dining room is closed and interactions with guests are shorter and more distant. (Of couse!)
But we're doing what we can to continue touching lives and lifting hearts.

And, truly, I love seeing that same spirit all over the world right now.
Men and women sacrificially serving on the front lines - in hospitals, stores, and other industries.
People reaching out (virtually via the internet, with drop and run episodes, and otherwise).
Groups coming together to support one another with platforms like Zoom and Facebook.
People praying, and sharing encouraging words.
I especially love a picture I saw recently of young girls in Africa placing their hands on a map of the world - praying for all of us.
What I mean is, we're all essential.
Every single one of us.
In whatever way we're called to serve in this season.

I'll be at Chick-fil-A for a good portion of the day today, donning rubber gloves and keeping my distance as I do my best to share encouragement within each interaction. Wherever you find yourself as the day goes on, may you find delight in the essential things HE lays before you.

Karen

No comments: