Friday, March 20, 2020

It's My Pleasure

My joy in working at Chick-fil-A comes not only from the work, the guests, and the atmosphere.
It also comes from the man for whom I work.
His name is Nick, and I admire him for so many reasons.
Besides his kindnesses which I love seeing during the good days, our current crisis situation is highlighting the goodness of his heart.
Tuesday I received an email from Mr. Nick which was sent out to all employees. In addition to being a message to inform us about matters of business and to remind us about health policy guidelines, it was an encouragement to make a difference in our Chick-fil-A world. He wrote, "I also wanted to remind you that now more than ever we have the opportunity to make days better for our guests and community. We get to be a bit of “NORMAL” in a very abnormal world right now... Let’s be the KINDEST most CARING that we can be today."
I read that statement and I thought, Yes. Thanks, Mr. Nick, for pointing us to what we can do to bring a bit of peace to the people in our world.
And my positive impression of him was reinforced.
But it was the short survey the email asked us to complete which nearly brought me to tears.
The first question asked how many hours we need to work in order to meet our financial obligations. It included options to give up some of our shifts in order for someone else to get the hours they need. There was an open ended question giving us the opportunity to let Mr. Nick know anything we want to share with him about our financial situation. And the final question asked if we have any needs (food, clothing, household items) which Mr. Nick and CfA management could seek to help us meet.
As I answered the survey questions the thing which stuck out to me was Mr. Nick's care and concern for his employees. While he is facing the very real possiblity that his business is going to take a serious hit, he is thinking about us. Rather than a nicely worded message expressing the sad reality that we're facing a hard time and he wishes there was something he could do, but... He reminded us that we're all in this together. He gave us the opportunity to sacrifice for one another, and he offered to help us in our need. This man embodies the love of our Savior.
And I am honored to work for him.

Karen

No comments: