Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Practicing What I Preach

Last week when I was in Florida I had the opportunity to speak for a Ladies' Night Out at my mom and dad's church.


We looked at Psalm 22 and examined the ups and downs David experienced in the midst of struggle and faith. At one point in the psalm David is remembering how God had been faithful to David in his past, and I asked the women present what they do to keep remembrances of God's faithfulness in their lives. I admitted that I am not much of a "journalist" anymore, but that I do try to record moments of God's faithfulness here on my blog.
So, I've got to do it.
I have got to write about what God has been doing.
Because some day I am going to need to come back here and be reminded that HE is trustworthy.
And maybe you need to be reminded about that Truth right here, today.

I mentioned in my video on Monday that Brian and I are on the cusp of a new thing, and I have been praying for God's leading. For the past three months I have been holding on to the hope I see in James 1:5, and I have been asking God for wisdom - asking Him to give it to me generously.
In the midst of seeking wisdom, Brian and I have also been researching information and doing our best to learn about and understand what's ahead of us. Yet we were experiencing delays, and for a time it seemed we were going nowhere.
And then that call came last week while we were in Florida.
But it was a call which was going to take us in a direction different from the one in which we thought we were headed. Which is when my "LORD-please-lead-us" prayers began increasing in frequency.
Wanting to be following the path HE has prepared for us, I asked friends to pray for wisdom. And one resulting conversation raised many questions about whether this particular path was the way to go.
Which is when my "LORD-I'll-go-wherever-You-lead-but-please-make-it-clear-to-me" prayers multiplied in number and intensity.
This is also the time when I think God took over my phone.
That is, I'm pretty sure the text messages I have been receiving are in response to my prayers.
There was the one which came immediately after the questions were raised. The one that seemed to indicate the concerns were unnecessary. (And which prompted us to have a meeting that flat-out exterminated the concerns.)
The next day another one came with encouragement for the direction we're heading.
And yet another - which was intended for somebody else - that offered a behind-the-scenes celebration for the decisions we're making. (Actually, there were two of those texts.)(And although the sender meant for them to go to somebody else, I am confident God planned for me to see them.)
As I have reflected on this whole scenario, I have become more convinced God has been orchestrating every step. Even the ones which seemed to me barriers that were only slowing us down. The things I thought were holding us back I now think were God's hand redirecting us to where we are presently. I believe HE knew then what we know now, and HE orchestrated the circumstances so we would be free today to follow the path HE has created.
Yes. That is what I believe.
Our God knows what we don't, and HE sees what we can't.
As we submit to trusting Him and following His lead, I have full confidence that HE will work out the details and make our way straight.
HE is trustworthy.

Some day I might need to be reminded of this Truth. So I'm recording it here for that day.
And if you need to remember it, too, welcome to this recollection of the faithfulness of God.
May HE encourage your heart with grace and truth.

Karen

No comments: