Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Telling of His Wonders, Again

Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.

Pslam 40:5

And, yet I will try.

To tell of them, that is.

Monday I did a study of John 11 with the residents at Edgewood, and we were delighted with what we saw.
While Mary and Martha expected Jesus to come to their home and heal their brother, He didn't do that. Jesus stayed where He was. And Lazarus died.
It seemed the sisters' plan was defeated. They had lost all hope. We reasoned they were probably confused and quite disappointed with God. And we confessed there have been times when we have felt the same way. When God hasn't moved as we had hoped or expected, and we were disappointed.
But if you know the rest of the story, you know Jesus came to town and raised Lazarus from the dead. That was not what they expected!

And that's where the delight came. In the realization that God's plans for us are so much greater than our own. We were delighted to know we can trust God, even when it looks like He isn't doing anything. When it seems like He is delaying coming to us.
And that is the wonder of which I want to speak and tell: God's plans are perfect. Even when we can't see Him moving, we can trust Him. Because He is perfect. And that's just the way it is!

Your turn! Please join me again in telling of His wonders. I look forward to reading about them.
***********************************************************
I'll be taking a little blog-break for the rest of the week.
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving! I'll see you back here Monday.

Karen

1 comment:

Mom of 12 said...

Hope you enjoy your break...and lots of turkey.
Sandy